The Golddigger was created in the 1950’s by Danish fly fishing pioner Paul Wellendorf. Wellendorf was one of the first Danish anglers to embrace the American style of streamer fly tying. He wrote several books on fly fishing and popularized a series of feather streamer flies and hair winged flies tied on long shank hooks.
The Golddigger is a great imitation of small trout, minnows and other small baitfish. Make sure to soak the slippery squirrel tail hair in varnish, when you tie them down.
- Hook: Ahrex NS118 #8
- Thread: Black – https://amzn.to/3oAI7b1
- Tail: Cock hackle fibres, orange (sparse) – https://amzn.to/35wHMyC
- Rib: Oval gold tinsel, medium
- Body: Mylar Tinsel, gold/silver, medium – https://amzn.to/3q5jxzB
- Fronthackle: Cock hackle, orange
- Wing: Squirrel tail, natural fox
- My Fly Tying Vice: https://amzn.to/3ucRgtR
Thanks for watching :0)
For more squirrel hair flies – check out this link: https://michaeljensens.com/angling/?s=squirrel
You wanna support my channel? Read on!
Affiliate links: Do you want to know more about Affiliate? Read here: https://michaeljensens.com/angling/affiliate-disclaimer/
Support My Channel by purchasing things from Amazon through this link (No additional cost for you): https://amzn.to/33uUhXA
You wanna see the camera gear and microphones I use for making my YouTube videos? Check out my equipment on this link to my blog: https://michaeljensens.com/angling/film-making-gear/